August 11, 2012

OCC: Denim Day

Hi all and happy Saturday to you!

This week at Our Creative Corner, Paula is hosting again and this time she's challenging us with denim!
I chose to try creating a faux denim stamping technique. And for the most part, I think it works. I really liked it when it was wet but when it dried, it was a little more filled in than I wanted. But I think all in all, with the way I used it, you get the picture.


After I had created my denim treatment and let it dry for a day, I cut a pocket from one of my pieces.

I had a flourish stamp that I used as the pocket detail. Its been embossed with white embossing powder. I also happened to have a stitch stamp that worked wonderfully for the pocket stitching. I just stamped it in white over the "denim" stamping.


A few different types of twine, a few buttons and a little tag, and I have a gift and a card all combined in one.

So use those old jeans you've been meaning to throw out, maybe the kids have a pair that's seen better days or try your own faux technique and play along with us this week. Just make sure to include three twines or ribbons and three buttons or brads to make sure you meet the challenge requirements. Take a look at what the other OCC designers have stitched together this week:


Linda Coughlin The Funkie Junkie
Sue Butler Scrumplescrunch
Anne Marie Hile Stampin' Anne
Marcy Kaminski En Papillote Arts
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts
Lori Rider The Diva Stamper
Sharon Wheet Designs by Sharon
Lisa Minckler You Made Me Ink
Kim Price Inkcognito
Paula McClane Scrap Addict's Attic
Liliana Inguanti Stampin' From Home

Happy stamping, stitching and creating!
Holly

3 comments:

  1. This is just brilliant, and I love how you've made a card into a gift card! Such an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly thought that was real fabric. I never would have guessed you made that. I think it turned out brilliantly and the design and stitching...awesome! Card and gift in one...genius idea and so well presented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I completely thought that was actually a pocket from denim jeans! Looks great! I love the extra detail you added to the pocket and you can never go wrong with a cool gift card stashed away for some shopping bliss. Awesome project, Marcy! :)

    Ps: I'm not sure if you know or not but you still have your comment verification turned on for your comments.

    ReplyDelete